As the 4K display technology evolves and becomes more widely accepted in the marketplace, there is growing concern among brand owners, installers, retailers and end-users about the cable’s connecting devices. This is due to a lack of objective guidelines and standards for buyers to reference in selecting and purchasing cable products.These inadequacies have led to major problems. Fortunately, UL has a solution.
We’ve developed a performance Verification program to help mitigate the effects of substandard, counterfeit and self-declared compliant high-speed cables in the supply chain. Our program offers an independent, third-party assessment of compliance with transmission performance requirements of 4K high-speed interface cables. The assessment involves initial qualification testing of these products, as well as ongoing compliance testing via factory and marketplace sampling.
This is a comprehensive program to help end users, retailers, installers and brand owners buy quality products with confidence. Our program uses sophisticated electrical performance tests to verify the integrity of the cable’s high-speed signal transmission and deploys follow-up surveillance programs to help ensure continued compliance with our standards. Even more so, our anti-counterfeiting program and holographic label system sets us apart by establishing a unique identifier for anyone looking to buy a tested and verified 4K high-speed interface cable.
- The UL compliance system helps ensure compliance and reduce liability and risk across the entire supply chain.
- Our Follow-up Services (FUS) program helps manufacturers gain a competitive edge based on quality, reputation and service, making it more difficult for manufacturers that produce counterfeit or inferior products to survive.
- Our long-standing history in certification and standards development makes us a trusted thought leader in the compliance arena. Stakeholders rely on UL for research, knowledge and technical solutions to address safety issues and advise on new technologies.
- Comprehensive factory and market surveillance programs help to ensure a more compliant supply chain, fair competition in the marketplace, and reduce the risk and costs associated with unsafe products while helping to protect brand reputation and the integrity of the UL Mark.
- Our anti-counterfeiting program leverages law enforcement expertise with a fully dedicated Global Security and Brand Protection team who work with authorities and global customs agencies combatting counterfeiting.
- The use of the holographic label system sets UL apart by establishing a unique identifier for customs, regulators, buyers, retailers and consumers.
- Some product categories have the option for an additional on-demand promotional opportunity to include a direct link to your company website, product page, brochure, data sheet or flyer through UL iQTM databases.
- We offer global testing and certification solutions for acceptance in North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Asia.
- We continue to extend UL’s capabilities and services to meet our customers’ increasing needs. Our goal is to help our customers rapidly develop and launch safer, superior products, and meet the shifting requirements of a changing world.