January 21, 2015
European Standard EN 1466: 2014 specifies safety requirements and test methods for products which are intended for the purpose of carrying a child in a lying position by means of handle(s) and for stands which may be used in conjunction with these products.
These products are intended for a child who cannot sit unaided, roll over or push up on its hands and knees, with a maximum weight of 9 kg. Hereafter, in this European Standard these products are called "carry cots" and include all types of carry cot with rigid or soft sides as well as moses baskets and any similar products. Any other functions of the product shall comply with relevant European Standards.
The following significant editorial and technical changes have been implemented in this new edition:
- Determination of protected volume
- Internal height of rigid carry cots
- Entanglement hazard (test for cords, straps and ribbons)
- Test method for small parts
- Updated specification for metal hooks(fig 6) and measurement of overall height of carry cot (fig 10)
- Rewritten in hazard based format
- Introduction of tests for carry cots with restraint system