The pandemic and other recent market conditions have caused plastics supply chain sourcing and transportation disruptions that are wreaking havoc in manufacturing production timelines. How can plastic manufacturers seek alternatives in raw materials to keep business moving forward?
- For plastic users:
- Methods to evaluate comparable materials
- How to analyze applications for your materials
- Considerations for end-product certification related to material substitutions
- Utilizing Product iQ® and UL Prospector® databases to identify possible materials as candidates for substitution
- For plastic manufacturers:
- Obtaining expedited recognition of a material using UL’s polymer variation program
- Utilizing the Prospector database to identify possible polymeric ingredients to substitute in material formulations
- Q&A with a UL plastics expert
Kenneth R. Vessey, Jr., senior staff engineer and distinguished member of technical staff, UL
The live webinar took place on March 24, 2021, 11 a.m.