With more than a century of expertise in product safety and quality testing, we are trusted by retailers to help meet regulatory demands, secure supply chains, and help accelerate global market access. From compliance issues to trade challenges, we work with you to navigate the complexities of the global marketplace. Our services help you meet regulatory requirements while quickly responding to market demands.
Retailers face a unique set of market challenges. Our complete range of retail services helps manufacturers, importers, exporters and retailers of furnishings and consumer products to address these challenges, including:
- Testing and certification: UL conducts a full range of services, including Mechanical and Durability Testing, Chemical Content and Emissions Testing, Flammability Testing, and Product Safety Certification to UL 962 — Safety Standard for Household and Commercial Furniture and UL 65 for wired displays.
- Audit and inspection — UL provides production checks before, during and after production (TOP and DUPRO) as well as retail store checks to verify the quality of your raw materials and production, marking and packaging, and product presentation.
- Technical assistance and support — UL has a team of experts that can help retailers understand their risks and market requirements, including –
- Evaluating existing testing protocols and developing new protocols.
- Responsible sourcing services, which include supply chain monitoring, research and program development, to deliver the intelligence and tools businesses need to activate and advance responsible sourcing practices within the supply chain.
- Global Market Access to provide retailers and manufacturers with an understanding of the regulatory requirements they must meet enter markets around the world.
By providing you with the appropriate testing, inspection and technical support services throughout your supply chain, we can help you to minimize the risk of recalls, returns and complaints, while helping protect and support your brand.