The safety of modern buildings, particularly high-rises, is highly dependent on the proper functioning of their fire safety equipment and systems. Among the most critical equipment are the stationary fire pumps, engines and couplings that ensure that building sprinkler systems have adequate water pressure to operate effectively.
We evaluate and test fire pumps and engines separately to determine their suitability and durability for use in fire sprinkler systems. Pumps, engines and couplings are examined for compliance to construction requirements and tested for performance to confirm their operation and compliance with the requirements and ratings that you have requested.
We test and certify these products in accordance with the current requirements in the following standards:
- ANSI/UL 448 Centrifugal Stationary Pumps for Fire-Protection Service
- Subject 448A Flexible Couplings and Connecting Shafts for Fire Pumps
- Subject 448B Residential Fire Pumps Intended for One- and Two-Family Dwellings and Manufactured Homes
- Subject 448C Stationary, Rotary Type, Positive Displacement Pumps for Fire-Protection Service
- ANSI/UL 1247 Diesel Engines for Driving Stationary Fire Pumps
- Subject 1247A Variable Speed Pressure Limiting Controls Installed with Diesel Engines for Driving Stationary Fire Pumps
- ANSI/UL 218 Fire Pump Controllers
- ANSI/UL 508 Industrial Control Equipment
Fire pumps, engines, couplings and controllers are to be installed in accordance with NFPA 20, Standard for the Installation of Stationary Pumps for Fire Protection.
Our fire suppression team supports manufacturers, regulatory authorities, building owners and insurance companies with certification and customized testing services for a variety of suppression equipment, including stationary fire pumps, engines and related equipment. Additionally, we have the capabilities to test and certify to global standards, helping ensure that your equipment will be in compliance wherever you choose to do business.
As an industry leader in fire safety, we can help you reduce time to market by offering flexible services that can meet any testing need, big or small. We have access to state-of-the-art testing facilities and a highly experienced technical team. Our extensive code knowledge in the arena of fire safety is the reason why the UL Mark is immediately recognized and respected by professionals around the world.