Telecommunications and network systems are increasingly making the switch to optical fiber. In response, our fiber optics program has been expanded and enhanced to meet growing industry needs. We have significantly increased our capacity and capability to carry out safety and transmission performance testing on multiple fiber-optic products.
You can satisfy all of your safety certification and performance Verification needs for optical fiber products in a single submittal. We offer bundled safety certification and performance Verification service packages that allow you to combine the applicable UL, network equipment-building system (NEBS) and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) testing services, saving time and money by eliminating redundant testing.
Our comprehensive follow-up program helps simplify supply chain management by determining products’ continued compliance with industry standards.
- The UL compliance system helps ensure compliance and reduce liability and risk across the entire supply chain.
- Our Follow-up Services (FUS) program helps manufacturers gain a competitive edge based on quality, reputation and service, making it more difficult for manufacturers that produce counterfeit or inferior products to survive.
- Our long-standing history in certification and standards development makes us a trusted thought leader in the compliance arena. Stakeholders rely on UL for research, knowledge and technical solutions to address safety issues and advise on new technologies.
- Comprehensive factory and market surveillance programs help to ensure a more compliant supply chain, fair competition in the marketplace, and reduce the risk and costs associated with unsafe products while helping to protect brand reputation and the integrity of the UL Mark.
- Our anti-counterfeiting program leverages law enforcement expertise with a fully dedicated Global Security and Brand Protection team that works with authorities and global customs agencies to combat counterfeiting.
- The use of the holographic label system sets us apart by establishing a unique identifier for customs, regulators, buyers, retailers and consumers.Some product categories have the option for an additional on-demand promotional opportunity to include a direct link to your company website, product page, brochure, data sheet or flyer through UL iQTM databases.
- We offer global testing and certification solutions for acceptance in North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Asia. UL ranked second in terms of the number of CB certificates issued worldwide.1
- We continue to extend our capabilities and services to meet your increasing needs. Our goal is to help you rapidly develop and launch safer, superior products, and meet the shifting requirements of a changing world.
Based on statistics released from 2011 to 2017 by IEC System of Conformity Assessment for Electrotechnical Equipment and Components (IECEE)