UL’s ISTA packaging tests assess the security of goods during transport. We test a variety of packaging for products, such as glassware, household and premium items, medical devices, ready-to-assemble furniture, apparel and other furnishings. Our ISTA Certified Testing Laboratory in Cabiate, Italy, uses vibration, impact, drop and temperature testing to mimic real-life transportation conditions and gauge the likelihood of goods being damaged during transit.
Our ISTA packaging tests can help reduce costs associated with product loss, such as breakage and damage, that can occur during shipping. Early product testing can help mitigate these problems and avoid potential losses that may cost more to remediate later in the development cycle.
Ensuring that your packages are secure throughout their transportation journey may also decrease customer complaints and reduce replacement claims from retailers who received damaged goods.
In addition, UL’s ISTA packaging tests provide the documentation and test reports necessary for your packaging to receive the “ISTA® Transit Tested Certification Mark.” This certification can help you and your retailers have confidence that your products will arrive intact and undamaged.
Our ISTA Certified Testing Laboratory performs rigorous testing on your product packaging to help ensure its durability as it relates to transit. These tests provide the appropriate documentation for your product packaging to receive the “ISTA® Transit Tested Certification Mark.” This certification will give you and your retailers increased confidence that your goods will arrive undamaged.
- ISTA 1 Series Non-Simulation Integrity Performance Tests
- Procedure 1A Packaged-Products weighing 150 lb (68 kg) or Less
- Procedure 1B Packaged-Products weighing over 150 lb (68 kg)
- Procedure 1C Extended Testing for Individual Packaged-Products weighing 150 lb (68 kg) or Less
- Procedure 1D Extended Testing for Individual Packaged-Products weighing Over 150 lb (68 kg)
- Procedure 1E Unitized Loads
- ISTA 2 Series Partial Simulation Performance Tests
- Procedure 2A Packaged-Products weighing 150 lb (68 kg) or Less
- Procedure 2B Packaged-Products weighing over 150 lb (68 kg)
- ISTA 6 Series Member Performance Tests
- Project 6-SAMSCLUB, Packaged-Products for Sam’s Club® Distribution System Shipment
- ISTA 7 Series Development Tests
- Procedure 7D Thermal Controlled Transport Packaging for Parcel Delivery System Shipment