You can rely on UL to help you leverage new opportunities in the wire industry by working with you to define standards and test methods for new cable designs, including evaluating new materials that can achieve the same performance at lower costs. We’ll also work to create innovative ways to demonstrate your product’s compliance with safety standards and performance requirements. Lastly, we’ll guide you on ways that you can tap into the renewable energy industry in order to reshape how the world generates and uses electricity. You can become a true market leader in a competitive marketplace — that’s how we help you achieve what’s possible.
We help specifiers, distributors and the building industry identify cabling products that meet nationally recognized safety requirements as well as industry specifications for performance and quality. These stakeholders rely on UL to reduce the risk associated with use of noncompliant wire and cabling products. In other words, when you work with us, you can expect to enjoy unparalleled recognition and acceptance from electrical inspectors and other regulatory authorities.
Even more so, once your cables are authorized to use the UL Mark, you’ll be able to reach more suppliers than ever before. Electricians, contractors and end-product manufacturers look to the UL Mark to source cable that meets their safety and quality requirements.
- The UL compliance system helps ensure compliance and reduce liability and risk across the entire supply chain.
- Our Follow-up Services (FUS) program helps manufacturers gain a competitive edge based on quality, reputation and service, making it more difficult for manufacturers that produce counterfeit or inferior products to survive.
- Our long-standing history in certification and standards development makes us a trusted thought leader in the compliance arena. Stakeholders rely on UL for research, knowledge and technical solutions to address safety issues and advise on new technologies.
- Comprehensive factory and market surveillance programs help to ensure a more compliant supply chain, fair competition in the marketplace, and reduce the risk and costs associated with unsafe products while helping to protect brand reputation and the integrity of the UL Mark.
- Our anti-counterfeiting program leverages law enforcement expertise with a fully dedicated Global Security and Brand Protection team who work with authorities and global customs agencies combatting counterfeiting.
- The use of the holographic label system sets UL apart by establishing a unique identifier for customs, regulators, buyers, retailers and consumers.
- Some product categories have the option for an additional on-demand promotional opportunity to include a direct link to your company website, product page, brochure, data sheet or flyer through UL iQTM databases.
- We offer global testing and certification solutions for acceptance in North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Asia.
- We continue to extend UL’s capabilities and services to meet our customers’ increasing needs. Our goal is to help our customers rapidly develop and launch safer, superior products, and meet the shifting requirements of a changing world.