Providing building owners, managers and insurers with support to mitigate the risks of unacceptable building envelope performance.
Improve the accuracy of your planning and reduce the costly damage of envelope failures as you manage your building envelope assets.
Whether you are an owner, manager or insurer considering an addition to your building portfolio or assessing your existing building stock, we can give you confidence in your building planning and help you get maximum service life from your installed envelope systems.
Our technical assessment services include condition surveys and forensic investigations.
Condition surveys provide value by:
- Identifying envelope components that have deteriorated and present health and safety hazards demanding immediate attention
- Identifying envelope conditions with financial impact to be considered during due diligence in a contemplated building purchase
- Identifying the timing and capital spending required to maintain an envelope system during its life and to replace the system at the end of a normal life cycle
Forensic investigations provide value by determining the cause and remedial work solutions for premature performance problems, such as:
- Water leakage through roofs or windows
- Condensation on interior surfaces and dangerous icicle formationson exterior surfaces
- Thermal control causing occupant discomfort and/or frozen water pipes
- Corrosion of fasteners or spalling of masonry
- Pest infestations, e.g., cluster flies, lady bugs, affecting tenant satisfaction
With the experience and expertise gained from decades of laboratory testing of a wide spectrum of building envelope systems, our dynamic team of highly specialized staff can provide technical assessment services for your projects around the globe.
We serve as a single gateway to testing, advisory and training services dedicated to the building envelope. Our network of technical experts, state-of-the-art test facilities, and long-standing relationships help you gain the compliance credentials you need to compete in a complex global supply chain and the design and construction community. We can assess and verify building envelope products, systems and structures before, during and after construction.
Knowledge you can trust — For the design, construction, consultant and owner community, you can rely on our extensive building envelope knowledge and experience to assess and validate the design, materials and performance of your building façade components, systems and structures.
Global reach and access — For product manufacturers, our experienced staff will advise you on testing requirements from the initial design stage of product development through testing and production. Our experts can assist you in understanding the certification requirements for your specific markets and provide the testing and certification services you need to meet those requirements.
Speed and efficiency — Our cost-effective systems and state-of-the-art facilities cut through the red tape and help accelerate your time to market.
Single-source provider — We serve asa single gateway to your testing, advisory and training needs and, by bundling services, also help save you valuable time and money.
Testing and certification of commercial roofing products
In this webinar you can gain insight into key Code regulations for roofing products, testing necessary to address those requirements and the UL Certification offerings that demonstrate compliance with Codes and Standards.