We offer a broad and comprehensive certification program for AWM. We can meet your testing and certification needs for new constructions (styles) of appliance wiring material intended for use in innovative applications and products. Our unique and constantly evolving library of AWM styles has become the industry standard for defining and sourcing these types of products. As a result, thousands of end-product manufacturers base their sourcing specifications on individual AWM styles to comply with standards and enable multiple vendor supply policies.
We test AWM to ANSI/UL 758, the Standard for Safety for Appliance Wiring Material. The types of tests performed depend on the construction and anticipated use of the product.
Our presence in major manufacturing centers around the world helps ensure that you will be able to conveniently access our services close to home. We also have team members in target markets all over the world, helping to ensure that you’ll always have access to a local UL expert.
- The UL compliance system helps ensure compliance and reduce liability and risk across the entire supply chain.
- Our Follow-up Services (FUS) program helps manufacturers gain a competitive edge based on quality, reputation and service, making it more difficult for manufacturers that produce counterfeit or inferior products to survive.
- Our long-standing history in certification and standards development makes us a trusted thought leader in the compliance arena. Stakeholders rely on UL for research, knowledge and technical solutions to address safety issues and advise on new technologies.
- Comprehensive factory and market surveillance programs help to ensure a more compliant supply chain, fair competition in the marketplace, and reduce the risk and costs associated with unsafe products while helping to protect brand reputation and the integrity of the UL Mark.
- Our anti-counterfeiting program leverages law enforcement expertise with a fully dedicated Global Security and Brand Protection team who work with authorities and global customs agencies combatting counterfeiting.
- The use of the holographic label system sets UL apart by establishing a unique identifier for customs, regulators, buyers, retailers and consumers.
- Some product categories have the option for an additional on-demand promotional opportunity to include a direct link to your company website, product page, brochure, data sheet or flyer through UL iQTM databases.
- We offer global testing and certification solutions for acceptance in North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Asia. UL ranked second in terms of the number of CB certificates issued worldwide.1
- We continue to extend UL’s capabilities and services to meet our customers’ increasing needs. Our goal is to help our customers rapidly develop and launch safer, superior products, and meet the shifting requirements of a changing world.
Based on statistics released from 2011 to 2017 by IEC System of Conformity Assessment for Electrotechnical Equipment and Components (IECEE)