Sustainable decision support for material and supplier selection and product rating
PurView is a comprehensive data management and decision support platform that enables companies to share information about material inputs, products and suppliers throughout their entire supply chain. Essentially, it helps brings the “demand chain” together — easing the flow of information and accelerating the development of more sustainable products.
Already have an account? Log in
Why you need a sustainable product development platform
Producers of formulated products are currently being confronted with a rapidly changing market landscape. Responding to consumer demand for safer and greener products, major retailers are beginning to insist that producers move beyond regulatory compliance to deliver products that avoid chemicals of concern, utilize sustainable input materials and exhibit other salient green attributes, such as reduced waste.
Producers that proactively integrate safer chemicals and sustainability considerations into their product development process are best positioned to succeed in this challenging landscape.
Executing in this environment requires decision-support and information management systems that enable a producer to collect essential data from its supply chain, screen and qualify its material inputs and make complex tradeoffs in its product design process.
PurView® can help
Our proprietary platform addresses all the dimensions that you need to be concerned about, including:
- Regulatory – Manage the collection of regulatory requirements impacting chemical selection to ensure compliance with local, state, federal or international regulations
- Sustainability – Integrate consideration of new areas of concern into material selection, e.g., help ensure that input materials are sustainably sourced, and product design, e.g., reduce the impacts associated with the consumer use phase of a product’s life cycle
- Market Opportunity – Track and assess the trade-offs involved in deciding which attributes to emphasize in your product development efforts in response to consumer preferences
If you’re a retailer, group purchasing organization or an institutional purchaser, you can use PurView to curate your product assortments and help ensure that they meet customers’ needs by:
- Defining the product attributes that matter to your merchants and collecting the data you need to evaluate products against those criteria
- Assessing products for their compliance with chemical regulations or corporate CSR policies and conducting in-depth evaluations of chemical composition or bills of material
- Expanding the scope of your product quality program to include custom sustainability or performance attributes
You can use PurView to curate your product portfolio and help ensure it meets customers’ needs by:
- Identifying the product attributes that define a quality product from your perspective and collect the data you need from your supply chain to help ensure you can optimize your product development efforts
- Evaluating raw material or chemical inputs and their suppliers and contracting almost any aspect of your operations
- Collecting and managing the information you need to demonstrate your product stewardship activities with in-depth evaluations of chemical composition or bills of material
Tools for intelligent sourcing
By using PurView, you can specify the information you need from your supply chain in order to buy or develop better products. Products can be evaluated against a wide range of regulatory or enterprise-specific requirements.
PurView’s customizable qualification and scoring rules make it easy to sort products by quality and identify areas of strength or weakness. Purchasers can share their evaluative framework with manufacturers and their suppliers so that entire supply chains can work in collaboration to produce better products.