The textile industry is under increasing pressure to minimize its impact on the environment and improve the sustainability of supply chains. The use of hazardous chemicals in the manufacturing process that can be discharged into waste water is under particular scrutiny. Numerous initiatives have emerged to address this issue, the most comprehensive being the ZDHC Program. The program supports the implementation of sustainable chemistry and best practices in the textile, leather and footwear industries to protect consumers, workers and the environment.
As an official contributor of the ZDHC Program, we can provide certification of compliance to the ZDHC Program’s Manufacturing Restricted Substances List (MSRL) as well as testing, training and on-site assessment services to help reduce the discharge of hazardous chemicals into wastewater. These comprehensive and customizable services, which are based on ZDHC and priority chemical substance groups, include:
- Wastewater testing – Seven UL laboratories have been granted provisional acceptance for testing in connection with the ZDHC Gateway – Wastewater module. Our analytical instrumentation and benchmarked limits of detection can be based on your specific needs.
- Wastewater sampling and pre-sampling coordination
- Posting of test results to public platforms including preparation, data input and data verification.
- On-site assessments that cover management systems, chemicals and hazardous substances, water use, quality and monitoring, wastewater treatment and emergency responsiveness, as well as supply chain training and education.
- Compliance certification to ZDHC MRSL Level 1, which requires a third-party documentation review (formulation disclosure, MSDS (safety data sheets), chemical inventory, test reports, etc.) to ensure the data meets requirements. If there is a lack of data, we can perform Verification testing.
Our team is committed to helping you gain greater control and visibility over your supply chain by offering a full-range of sustainable chemistry and supply chain management services. We will help you integrate several ZDHC initiatives into your supply chain by providing comprehensive training on common textile production processes and guidance on the requirements of the Manufacturing Restricted Substances List (MRSL).
With so many resources at our fingertips, we can also offer a complete range of employee education services. Our experts can customize your training courses, including interactive exercises and case studies, and deliver them in multiple languages around the world.
As a ZDHC MRSL Conformance accepted certification body, we can help you protect and advance by managing the amount of harmful wastewater that is discharged into surrounding ecosystems and communities — minimizing your risk.
Backed by our independent rigor and integrity, working with us will also enable you to demonstrate your commitment to environmental stewardship by complying with the appropriate safety regulations, including Greenpeace’s global Detox campaign. By signaling a willingness to invest in the future through sustainable and ethnical practices, you will be differentiating yourself in a competitive green marketplace.