We offer a comprehensive on-site inspection program to determine compliance with NFPA 1911 Standard for Inspection, Maintenance, Testing, and Retirement of In-Service Emergency Vehicles, 2017 Edition Chapter 21 - Performance Testing of Fire Pumps, Wildland Pumps, Ultra High-Pressure Pumps and Industrial Supply Pumps.
The test includes:
- Engine speed test
- Pump shift indicator test
- Pump engine control interlock
- Priming device test
- Vacuum test
- Pumping test
- Overload test
- Pressure control test
- Intake relief valve system test
- Pressure gauge accuracy test
- Flowmeter accuracy test
- Tank to pump flow test
We leverage a mobile pump test van with all the necessary calibrated equipment to conduct pump testing in accordance NFPA 1911, Chapter 21. Our mobile system can perform testing on fire pumps up to and including 2,750 gallons per minute (gpm). After the fire department personnel positions the apparatus next to the mobile water supply, our trained technician can perform all the above-mentioned tests. Upon successful completion of the required pumping test, a certificate of inspection is issued. If the pump fails the test, a complete report will indicate the deficiencies. We can perform up to four in-service fire pump tests in one day.
This service is offered annually to determine if the equipment continues to comply with the current in-service pump testing requirements outlined in the NFPA standards.
- Quick turnaround time – Our network of knowledgeable experts will work to your schedule.
- Affordable fee structure – Fees quoted include all travel and expenses. No surprise charges.
- Skilled auditors – Our team of technicians perform audits and inspections across a spectrum of industries. We can help your company meet all NFPA requirements.
We are one of the most recognized third-party testing organization in the fire service and have been testing newly manufactured pumpers at most major fire apparatus manufacturers for more than 45 years. Our fire pump testing knowledge is extensive and unmatched. We are accredited by International Accreditation Services for inspection and testing systems on fire apparatus in accordance with ISO/IEC 17020, Conformity assessment – Requirements for the operation of various types of bodies performing inspection.