Protect sensitive information
In today’s data-driven economy, cybercrime represents a vast threat that carries devastating consequences. Managing your sensitive company and customer data – both digital and physical – must be done with the utmost integrity. The trust of your customers, employees and stakeholders depends on the reliability and efficacy of your management processes. Incorporating the ISO 27001 certification helps accomplish this goal by requiring organizations to assess their risks and select appropriate security controls to mitigate those risks.
ISO 27001 is the only auditable standard for Information Security Management Systems (ISMS). It allows organizations to integrate requirements from multiple regulations like Sarbanes-Oxley and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) into one system. This centralized management of a single system simplifies processes and enables clearer practices.
This certification comes with numerous benefits, including:
- Integrated compliance management – Bundling services with UL minimizes disruptions and results in fewer companies gaining access to your systems.
- Understanding of operations – The knowledge our experts have gained while performing other services for your organization contributes to a more informed perspective when aligning operations with ISO 27001.
- Customer confidence – Protecting the security of your data demonstrates to customers that you respect their right to privacy. Additionally, many companies now require specialized care of data prior to engaging with a vendor.
- Regulatory compliance – Certification to ISO 27001 is an accepted compliance method for regional regulatory requirements like General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in the European Union.
- Brand protection – Enhance the security and protection of your brand and your customers’ brands by creating and sustaining a robust ISMS.
UL empowers trust by leveraging a global network of technical experts and our trusted brand to deliver exceptional services that enable organizational leaders to gain market acceptance, demonstrate compliance and mitigate risk. Key benefits to clients include:
- Gaining insights on potential risks
- Identifying key improvement opportunities
- Saving time with combined field and management system visits
- Reducing operational interruptions with bundled services, and
- Strengthening information security and business continuity