Cable flexibility testing for safety in demanding situations
We’re committed to supporting your drive to protect public safety, maintain brand value, and clearly differentiate your products in the marketplace. We can help detect variances and defects at critical checkpoints throughout the supply chain, and perform quality and compliance tests across the entire manufacturing process. Our customers particularly rely on our expertise in safety science and compliance to help determine whether flexible cords intended for use in especially demanding situations — such as charging electric vehicles — will operate as expected under heavy usage and despite exposure to sometimes challenging environmental conditions.
Program benefits and cable testing laboratory locations
Our solutions help customers clearly differentiate their products in the marketplace. To address counterfeit UL Marks or labels, and protect brand value, we introduced the Gold Hologram security label. This enables product traceability across the supply chain and gives customers the opportunity to instantly verify product compliance in the field, a feature that no other certification body offers.
Why UL for cord/cable flexibility testing services
- Our compliance system helps ensure compliance and reduce liability and risk across the entire supply chain.
- UL’s Follow-up Services helps manufacturers gain a competitive edge based on quality, reputation and service, making it more difficult for manufacturers that produce counterfeit or inferior products to survive.
- Our long-standing history in certification and standards development makes us a trusted thought leader in the compliance arena. Stakeholders rely on us for research, knowledge and technical solutions to address safety issues and advise on new technologies.
- Comprehensive factory and market surveillance programs help ensure a more compliant supply chain and reduce the risk and costs associated with sub-standard and unsafe products. This work helps protect brand reputation and the integrity of the UL Mark.
- Our fully dedicated Global Security and Brand Protection team works with authorities and global customs agencies on anti-counterfeiting measures.
- The use of the holographic label system sets us apart by establishing a unique identifier for customs, regulators, buyers, retailers and consumers.
- Some product categories have the option for an additional on-demand promotional opportunity to include a direct link to your company website, product page, brochure, data sheet or flyer through UL iQ™ databases.
- We offer global testing and certification solutions for acceptance in North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Asia.
- We continue to evolve our capabilities and services to meet your increasing needs. Our goal is to help you rapidly develop and launch safer, superior products and meet the shifting requirements of a changing world.