We help ensure product quality, operational functionality, pricing consistency, and product compliance in order to reduce the financial impact of the wrong specification further down the line. The procurement specification is developed based on utility needs, manufacturer type and qualification approvals. We provide a detailed description of the cable specification and acceptable standards to cable manufacturers looking to satisfy utility requirements.
We provide a clear, objective way to help ensure cable manufacturers meet the specific product requirement of the utility, which will result in better cable sourcing.
- The UL compliance system helps ensure compliance and reduce liability and risk across the entire supply chain.
- Our Follow-up Service (FUS) program helps manufacturers gain a competitive edge based on quality, reputation and service, making it more difficult for manufacturers that produce counterfeit or inferior products to survive.
- Our long-standing history in certification and standards development makes us a trusted thought leader in the compliance arena. Stakeholders rely on us for research, knowledge and technical solutions to address safety issues and advise on new technologies.
- Comprehensive factory and market surveillance programs help to ensure a more compliant supply chain, fair competition in the marketplace, and reduce the risk and costs associated with unsafe products while helping to protect brand reputation and the integrity of the UL Mark.
- Our anti-counterfeiting program leverages law enforcement expertise with a fully dedicated global security and brand protection operation team who work with authorities and global customs agencies combat counterfeiting.
- The use of the holographic label system sets us apart by establishing a unique identifier for customs, regulators, buyers, retailers and consumers.
- Some product categories have the option for an additional on-demand promotional opportunity to include a direct link to your company website, product page, brochure, data sheet or flyer through UL iQTM databases.
- UL offers global testing and certification solutions for acceptance in North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Asian countries.
- We continue to extend our capabilities and services to meet our customers’ increasing needs. Our goal is to help our customers rapidly develop and launch safer, superior products and meet the shifting requirements of a changing world.