Interested in becoming a UL Listed Panel Shop? Click here to learn more and complete the form to let us know how we can help you.
UL's industrial control panel (ICP) custom builder program allows manufacturers who custom-build or mass-produce ICPs to apply the UL Marks for the United States and Canada at their factories. Our program makes it convenient to receive a UL certification while allowing maximum flexibility in panel design. UL's safety Marks are the most credible and sought after certification marks in North America. When regulators, specifiers and end-product certifiers see the familiar UL Mark, they are confident that the panel has met the certification requirements.
Why choose UL for your industrial control panel needs
- Increase your competitive advantage – Offer your customers UL certified general use, industrial machinery, elevator control, service equipment, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment, fountain control, irrigation equipment, crane and flame control, and marine use panels and bid on jobs that specify UL certified ICPs.
- Cover all requirements – UL's ICP builders program covers proper component usage, enclosure environmental ratings, wiring and motor protection, safety markings, and conformance to the National Electrical Code (NEC) and Canadian Electrical Code (CEC).
- Greater efficiency – Eliminate red-tagged panels at the job site, along with the resulting delays and extra cost.
- Widespread acceptance – Benefit from the widespread acceptance of the UL Mark by regulatory authorities in every jurisdiction in the United States and Canada.
- Increased component sourcing – UL and CSA International have a formal component acceptance agreement that permits acceptance of specific components for use in end-products, including industrial control panels. This agreement gives UL customers even more flexibility when sourcing components because CSA certified components covered by the agreement can now be used in UL certified panels in addition to UL certified components already permitted under the scope of the ICP program.
- Training and Consulting – UL shares its years of expertise through technical training, workshops and advisory services focused on the needs of ICP builders. Workshops cover requirements for applications such as general use, industrial machinery, elevator control, service equipment, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment, fountain control, irrigation equipment, crane and flame control, and marine use. Attend a UL custom panel builder workshop and hear from the technical experts who can help you "build safety in" while meeting the requirements set for you by regulators and your customers.