UL’s EHS Advisory Services team partners with your organization to provide trusted subject matter expertise, support for organizational change and the execution of practical action plans to help implement measurable and lasting environmental, health and safety improvements across the organization.
In today’s rapidly changing business world, an organizational culture that promotes operational excellence in environment, health and safety (EHS) can be a powerful competitive advantage. Businesses that can successfully move beyond a compliance-based mindset can use EHS advisory to drive efficiency and cost savings within the organization while enhancing the organization’s brand.
Our EHS Advisory Services team partners with your organization to provide trusted subject matter expertise, support for organizational change and the execution of practical action plans to help implement measurable and lasting improvements across the organization.
UL’s EHS advisory benefits include:
- Helping create a high-performing culture that supports and drives proactive health and safety management
- Employee education and training programs that produce health- and safety-conscious employees
- Enhancing and protecting brand awareness in the marketplace
- Successful utilization of leading indicator metrics to develop action plans that impact your organization’s health and safety performance
- Lower incident and injury rates, which can lead to lower operational costs
Safety and health gap assessment
UL’s safety and health gap assessment is a useful tool that can assist organizations looking to zero in on areas in need of improvement that will give them the highest level of ROI. The assessment will also include a high-level look at management practices, culture and operational performance and effectiveness.
After UL EHS advisors have identified gaps, we can help you prioritize them based on seriousness and recommend corrective actions, including timelines for completion.
The UL team will:
- Review existing policies, programs, procedures and training matrices to ensure all identified hazards and operations are properly accounted for and addressed in accordance with regulatory standards or established client practices
- Identify and evaluate existing employee health and safety hazards and recommend how exposures can be controlled or mitigated
- Observe and offer feedback on employee work practices and other site-related practices
- Interview employees to gauge the effectiveness of employee hazard recognition and overall safety culture at all organizational levels
- Assess the effectiveness of training and education programs
To provide the best evaluation of your organization’s needs, let’s start with a conversation. Our team is available to answer any questions you may have and determine how we can help you meet your EHS goals. Get started today by submitting your information through the contact us form.