Watch now: EU general product safety regulation for consumer products
UL Solutions experts guide you through the EU General Product Safety Regulation, helping you understand the key requirements and changes.
Dec. 14, 2023
Silvia Lai, global technical leader, UL Solutions
Matt Edmonds, technical manager, UL Solutions
The European Commission has published the General Product Safety Regulation (GPSR), Regulation (EU) 2023/988, which will replace the General Product Safety Directive (GPSD) 2001/95/EC after Dec 13, 2024.
This change is significant for retailers, online marketplaces and manufacturers whose products are placed or made available on the European market. Understanding the key requirements and changes from GPSD to GPSR is crucial to achieving compliance with the latest regulation.
During this webinar, UL Solutions experts guide you through these changes, helping you understand how GPSR will impact your processes in evaluating products for compliance with safety requirements.
Watch our complimentary webinar to learn:
- Key requirements in GPSR and changes from GPSD, including:
- Identification of new economic operators (manufacturer, authorized representative, importer, distributor and fulfillment service provider) and their duties, including obligations that apply in case of distance sales
- New rules for providers of online marketplaces
- The need for the manufacturer to carry out a risk analysis and draw up technical documentation
- How UL Solutions can help