We will review the premises for the following prominent international access control standards including likeness and differences among the following:
- UL 293 – Access Control Equipment for the UK
- IEC 60839-11-1 and -11-2 – Electronic Access Control Systems and Application Guidelines
- ULC 60839-11-1 – Electronic Access Control Systems, Canada
- UL 294 – Access Control Systems and Units
- Compare and contrast UL and EN standards for Access Control Systems
- Describe the benefits of transitioning from the older EN standards 60950 & EN 50131 to the new EN 60839
- Recognize key data privacy information from UL 294.
Lou Chavez is UL’s global principal engineer responsible for the technical dimensions of services related to security and life safety signaling equipment and systems. He has worked in the security and life safety sector for over 25 years and contributed to the development of many national and international standards including UL 2900-2-3. He is also a member of UL’s William Henry Merrill Society as a Distinguished Member of Technical Staff.