Watch now: Electric Vehicle Battery Enclosure Material Safety (UL 2596)
UL 2596, Test Method for Thermal and Mechanical Performance of Battery Enclosure Materials, specifies the requirements for the evaluation of EV battery enclosure materials.
Sept. 28, 2022
Daniel O'Shea, principal engineer
In this on-demand webinar, experts from UL Solutions will review the hazards associated with a thermal runaway event and discuss available methods to evaluate plastic and composite materials in and around battery enclosures. The discussion includes:
- A brief introduction to EV battery packs.
- A description and examples of thermal runaway events.
- Available methods for the evaluation of plastic and composite materials for battery applications, including:
- Battery Enclosure Thermal Runaway (BETR) evaluation
- Torch and Grit (TaG) test.