The following topics will be covered during the webinar:
- June 3, 2019 importation changes
- All products entering the country must comply with the applicable standard(s) identified by the Harmonized System (HS) code.
- Affected products will require either a Norma Official Mexican (NOM) Certificate or UL Certificate of Compliance (CoC) prior to shipping into Mexico.
- Highly specialized equipment (HSE) dictums have no piece shipment limitation.
- NOM-208 will be mandatory at customs.
- NOM 001 impact and implementation.
- NOM standard drafts and expected/proposed implementation dates.
- Changes to the Mexico NOM equivalency acceptance and impacts.
- Proposed changes to the Federal Law of Metrology and standardization.
Rebeca Navarrete, Program Manager, Conformity Assessment Programs Office, Latin America