UL has experience working with the Chinese automotive certification industry and, with experts in the region, is equipped to simplify this process. Manufacturing products for the automotive market can be challenging due to the multitude of regulations and standards required to work with major automotive original equipment manufacturers (OEMs)in various countries/regions. These standards, and the processes of obtaining and submitting all required documentation, can vary widely and become a frustrating hurdle for manufacturers unfamiliar with the area or without a local presence. For these reasons, China and theChina Compulsory Certification(CCC)certificate required for selling vehicles and/or vehicle parts in the country often lead to complications for manufacturers. From language and cultural differences to the filing process itself, it is easy to become overwhelmed.
On location and ready to help
With the CCC requirements codified as law in China, the process can be complex. UL has a local team dedicated to the automotive market that has worked to understand the requirements while developing relationships with the local certification bodies. Our partnership with China Quality Certification Centre (CQC) further enhances UL’s presence and understanding, and helps us guide you every step of the way.
We can help you with certification for these automobile and motor vehicle products:
- Safety belts
- Devices for indirect vision
- Child restraint systems
- Interior material
- Door lock and door retention components
- Retroreflecting devices
- Fuel tanks
- Braking hose assemblies
- Seats and head restraints
- Exterior lighting and light signal devices
In addition to UL’s broad expertise in market access, engaging with us when pursuing access to the China automotive market comes with several unique benefits, including:
- Regulatory guidance – We help you navigate the regulatory space, allowing you to spend your time focusing on your products.
- Cultural expertise – We work in the local language and time zone, which helps to speed up the process and maintain accuracy.
- Samples management – We help you gather all necessary documentation to get your samples to a CQC recognized laboratory without delay.
- Individualized attention – We work to understand your unique business and project needs to deliver customized assistance.
UL’s expertise in the region provides you with unparalleled regulatory guidance, cultural expertise, samples management and individualized attention.