June 18, 2015
Advisory Services team helps brands take charge of their sustainability strategies to lead in the market
MARIETTA, Ga., June 18, 2015 —UL Environment, a business division of UL (Underwriters Laboratories), today announced its redesigned sustainability advisory offerings, delivered by the UL Environment Advisory Services team.
Led by Dr. Angela Griffiths, the UL Environment Advisory Services team includes highly experienced project managers and leading scientists with a deep background in sustainability, corporate responsibility and environmental science. The team’s combined expertise provides a unique level of support to enterprises as they navigate the new challenges of corporate sustainability in order to translate environmental leadership into greater market share and increased profitability.
UL’s new range of sustainability Advisory Services includes assisting clients with:
- Providing assurance for corporate-branded sustainability programs (e.g. waste diversion programs, environmental footprint);
- Promoting the integration of sustainable thinking into new product development processes through staff training (e.g., design for sustainability);
- Exploring innovative sustainability goals which align with the companies’ overall business strategy and establishing sustainability strategies that achieve companies’ corporate and environmental goals;
- Creating sustainable sourcing strategies;
- Linking product or portfolio sustainable value propositions to customer needs, and enabling product differentiation and selection; and
- Encouraging best practices for sustainability marketing claims and messaging strategies which can communicate sustainability information in a credible and compelling way to the marketplace.
“Our goal is not to dictate what a corporation should be doing, but to help a business examine its goals and needs, and then use those goals to inform the strategy,” said Dr. Angela Griffiths, director of the UL Environment Advisory Services group. “Companies have a wealth of possible directions when it comes to charting their sustainability plan. We help outline a program that aligns with their overall business goals to help them set the optimal course.”
To learn more about UL Environment’s sustainability services offerings, click here or email [email protected].