June 19, 2019
As the G-Mark program implementation continues to improve, GSO has developed and launched a new version of the Gulf Conformity Tracking System.
The tracking system is an online platform for traceability of approved products and certificates. It is also one of GSO’s strategic projects to support the implementation of the published Gulf Technical Regulations.
This system started in July 2016 with an updated version launched March 24, 2019.
The new system allows data sharing with authorities and regulatory organizations within the seven countries that are part of the GSO.
Registered product pages online are linked to a QR code, which is part of the mark of conformity called Gulf Conformity Tracking Symbol (GCTS) to be placed on certified products.
What is changing
GCTS and QR codes are specific for the product and will not be affected by the certificate life cycle — expire/renewal/change. Scanning the QR allows consumers to check the details of the products circulated on the market — public view — while only authorities are able to check the certificate status.
The GCTS symbol to be placed on products and packaging has had its shape revised. The new symbol does not require the number of the Notified Body under the Gulf Conformity Mark.
As a future implementation, economic operators will be able to create a profile to check their details, certificates status and to download the GCTS symbols for their products.
Note: Validity of the certificates will not be affected by the implementation of the new system.
New shape of the marking to be placed on products:
Current GCTS (certificate number not included)
Categories that require mandatory conformity assessment in the form of Gulf Type Examination certificates with the involvement of an accredited GSO Notified Body include:
- Domestic electrical fans
- Refrigerators, freezers and other refrigerating or freezing equipment
- Centrifugal clothes dryers and clothes washing machines, including machines which both wash and dry
- Food grinders and mixers, fruit or vegetable juice extractors
- Electrothermic hair-dressing apparatus and hand dryers
- Domestic electric heating apparatus
- Microwave ovens
- Other ovens; cookers, cooking plates, boiling rings, grillers and roasters
- Electric instantaneous or storage water heaters and immersion heater
- Electric smoothing irons
- Plugs, socket outlets, adapters, cord extension sets and chargers
- Air conditioners
How UL can help
UL is an accredited Notified Body for Gulf Type Examination. We actively participate in GSO meetings for Notified Bodies to be constantly updated on new requirements and their implementation.