Date & Time
Nov 10, 2020 3:00pm CET
Modeling and simulation have been used for decades with different objectives. With the prevailing trend of the perfectly connected supply chain, modeling and simulation can contribute to accelerate product certification. While many tools and approaches are available, a robust verification and validation concept is essential for the acceptance of simulation models as part of a safety certification. Modeling and simulation does not eliminate the need to test a physical component, product or system that is subject to the certification at the end of the process.
As a trusted partner for safe innovation, UL explores the feasibility of providing simulation models as part of the compliance effort in close cooperation with key industry leaders.
- Introduction to modeling and simulation as well as the importance of verification and validation
- How modeling and simulation may be integrated into the certification process
- The thermal simulation of a power drive system
- How an effective tool helps reduce efforts and time
The webinar is presented by UL experts in collaboration with two guest speakers:
- Winfried Glück, Certification, Safety & Cybersecurity, DI MC TTI T&E CSS, Siemens AG
- Tobias Best, Specialist Electronics Cooling, ALPHA-Numerics GmbH