Reliability and performance of power cables have become major concerns for end users due to the growing complexity of a global supply chain along with technological, regulatory, risk and cost considerations. However, many organizations lack internal bandwidth for conducting inspections and stringent oversight of their power cable suppliers even though quality cables are a vital part of a well-functioning infrastructure.
We provide electric utilities, renewable integrators and Engineering, Procurement and Construction Contractors (EPCs) with customizable solutions for performance and compliance for medium voltage cables. You can access our global engineers and inspection and audit specialists, and in-depth knowledge of manufacturing, inspection and auditing. We have the capabilities to use your specifications and conformance criteria or our criteria to evaluate the compliance of your supplier’s cable to meet specifications and application.
Utility supply chain management efforts are evolving to focus on more than traditional cost reduction and efficiency improvements. Utilities, EPCs and other users are now working actively to contain costs, assure supply and manage risks. Our global supply chain management experts can help by confirming compliance and verifying performance to enable access to global markets. Our vast experience in inspection, testing and certification and our global presence allow us to deliver solutions that help you address these changing needs:
- Procurement Specification Setting
- Product Inspection
- Suppliers’ Factory Qualification Audit
- Witness Testing
- Cable Jointing and Termination Training
All programs are geared to specific applications and needs. They support your global procurement footprint and enhance product assurance. These programs help ensure compliance to standards and specifications and reduce liability and risk to all stakeholders. The solutions reduce staff time away from core responsibilities.
- The UL compliance system helps ensure compliance and reduce liability and risk across the entire supply chain.
- Our Follow-up Service (FUS) program helps manufacturers gain a competitive edge based on quality, reputation and service, making it more difficult for manufacturers that produce counterfeit or inferior products to survive.
- Our longstanding history in certification and standards development makes us a trusted thought leader in the compliance arena. Stakeholders rely on UL for research, knowledge and technical solutions to address safety issues and advise on new technologies.
- Comprehensive factory and market surveillance programs help to ensure a more compliant supply chain, fair competition in the marketplace, and reduce the risk and costs associated with unsafe products while helping to protect brand reputation and the integrity of the UL Mark.
- The well proven UL anti-counterfeiting program leverages law enforcement expertise with a fully dedicated global security and brand protection operation team who work with authorities and global customs agencies combat counterfeiting.
- The use of the holographic label system sets UL apart by establishing a unique identifier for customs, regulators, buyers, retailers and consumers.
- Some product categories have the option for an additional on-demand promotional opportunity to include a direct link to your company website, product page, brochure, data sheet or flyer through UL iQTM databases.
- UL offers global testing and certification solutions for acceptance in North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Asian countries.
- We continue to extend UL’s capabilities and services to meet our customers’ increasing needs. Our goal is to help our customers rapidly develop and launch safer, superior products and meet the shifting requirements of a changing world.