Date & Time
Nov 19, 2020 1:00pm CST
Join UL and Eaton's Bussmann division experts for a four-part webinar series that navigates the intricacies of the 2021 edition of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 79, the standard for industrial machinery.
Webinar one will cover chapter four of NFPA 79, short-circuit current rating (SCCR) for machinery.
The webinar aired on October 8. The on-demand is available now through the webinar series registration.
- SCCR and its benefits for industrial machinery
- Important definitions related to machinery
- Meeting industrial machinery codes and standards for SCCR requirements
- SCCR and available fault current with multi-panel machines
- Labeling SCCR on machinery
- SCCR versus arc flash
Webinar two will discuss the revised and restructured requirements for the machine supply circuit and disconnecting means per chapter five.
The webinar aired on October 22. The on-demand is available now through the webinar series registration.
- The definition of machine supply circuit
- Separation and termination of conductor
- Back-fed terminations
- Wire bending space
- Protection of line side live parts
- Requirements for the machine supply circuit disconnect means, such as marking, location, type, operating handle and excepted circuits
Webinar three will cover the revised requirements for protection from electrical hazards found in chapter six of NFPA 79.
The webinar aired on November 5. The on-demand is available now through the webinar series registration.
- Restricting access to enclosures
- Evaluating unrated enclosures for protection
- Accessing an enclosure containing live parts
- When the use of a key or tool is necessary for access
- When a disconnecting means is not required
- Protection for multidoor enclosures
- Excepted circuits – circuits that remain energized with the main disconnect open
- Mitigating the shock hazard presented by charged capacitors
- When it is not desirable to discharge a capacitor
Webinar four will discuss the revised requirements for protection of overvoltages due to lightning and switching surges of safety circuits covered in chapter seven of NFPA 79.
Thursday, November 19 at 1:00 p.m. CST
- New definition and annex note for a safety circuit
- Types and proper selection of surge protective devices (SPDs)
- Examples of proper protection of overvoltages due to lightning and switching surges of safety circuits