Benjie Cribb serves as UL Solutions regional lead reviewer (Americas) for optical radiation and micromobility. Optical radiation includes laser, LED/lamp and UV radiation product safety. Micromobility includes UL 2849. Benjie started his career at UL in 1999 working in multiple standards and industries. In 2005 he began specialization in optical radiation standards including the IEC 60825 series, IEC62471 series, ACGIH (UV), RP-27 series, and US FDA/CDRH 21 CFR 1010 and 1040 evaluating emissions from lasers, LEDs and UV lamp sources. In his current role he:
- Serves as one of UL Solutions technical leaders in optical radiation safety standards (e.g., IEC 60825 series, FDA/CDRH 21CFR, IEC 62471 series, etc.).
- Provides internal and external optical radiation–related training.
- Assists with the development of UL Solutions guidelines on optical radiation compliance matters.
- Develops tools and processes to further UL Solutions optical radiation growth and efficiencies.
- Assists UL Solutions principal engineers with the standards development process and clarifications for both optical radiation and micromobility.