The Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Standardization Organization has issued a list of Notified Bodies for testing the safety of toys in compliance of the Toys Safety (BD-131704-01).
The list includes the following:
- Conformity Affairs Department of the Emirates Authority for Standardization and Metrology
- Governments & Institutions Services – DUBAI of SGS Gulf Limited
- UL VS Hong Kong Limited of UL
The Conformity Assessment Regulation Children Toys BD-131704-01 is the second issue of the Conformity Assessment Regulation related to children toys. This issue includes the following amendments:
- Revision of the essential requirements, especially with regard to the prohibition of the use of certain chemicals that cause cancer or genetic defect or allergies or concerning the use of fragrances, as well as the maximum limits per-mitted for certain substances especially in toys intended for use by children under thirty-six months or toys that children can put in their mouths
- Establishment of the special requirements for children toys which come into contact with food
- Establishment of the limits for noise levels produced by children toys
- Update on the obligations of the "Economic Operators", the "Conformity Assessment models" and the requirements and the obligations of the "Notified Conformity Assessment Bodies"