January 26, 2016
New HazLoc App Feature
UL introduces a new "Stay Connected" feature to the UL HazLoc App. Download the App today and you’ll be one step away from receiving additional exclusive UL HazLoc technical insights, including regulatory updates.
Download the HazLoc App for free using iTunes® or Google Play™:
Navigating the complex landscape of global hazardous locations and explosive atmospheres is a challenge. UL is actively engaged and participates in the global standards writing process and attends many technical conferences. In fact, we participate in over 70 HazLoc / Ex technical committees, including IEC, IECEx, ABNT, INMETRO, CENELEC, BSI, TExA, NFPA, API, IEEE, TIA and UL STP committees. We truly have our finger on the pulse of the global industry and want to share more of our expertise with you.
Download the UL HazLoc App, click on the purple “Stay Connected” icon and enter in your email address and country. You will begin receiving exclusive HazLoc technical insights into regulatory updates, as well as periodic emails from UL containing best practices, education, industry research, news, updates and promotions related to UL’s products and services.
About the UL HazLoc App
HazLoc Mobile App provides UL's technical expertise regarding global markets for hazardous locations in six languages.
The UL HazLoc Mobile App is a trusted source that helps facilitate a common understanding by industry stakeholders of global hazardous locations (explosive atmospheres). The App benefits designers, manufacturers, distributors, installers, and inspection & regulatory authorities (AHJ’s), across oil & gas, chemical, agricultural, pharmaceuticals, offshore, and mining industries. This one comprehensive source for installation principles includes the following attributes:
- Types of explosive atmospheres
- Likelihood an explosive atmosphere is present
- Ignition-related properties of explosive atmospheres
- Temperature classifications based on maximum surface temperatures
- Methods of explosion protection regarding electrical and non-electrical risks of ignition
- Markings required by both standards and by national or regional regulations
- National, regional and international standards, including a “Find Your StandardTM” feature based on the selection of five simple data points
- Ingress protection (IP) codes and Type ratings for equipment enclosures
- Contact options for additional information and questions
- Push notifications with a “Stay Connected” feature to obtain region specific technical insights
- Available in: English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, German, Portuguese and Spanish
Click here to request a HazLoc educational wallchart or binder insert.