Korean Agency for Technology and Standards (KATS) has notified the World Trade Organization (WTO) of its draft changes on safety confirmation for children's products.
The changes include the following:
- Care articles for Children:
- Addition of physical requirements for children's bed guards to verify structural safety
- Physically low-risk products was deleted from the category of children's synthetic resins products
- Addition of safety requirements and labeling requirements for ride able electromotive toys
- Addition of safety requirements for harmful chemicals and corresponding change in testing methods
- Addition of microbiological safety toys
- School things:
- Clarification of types of musical instruments in school supplies
- Reflection of revisions to the toxic testing standard on drugs, etc. (Public Notice No. 2015-82)
Comments may be submitted until December 10, 2016.