November 7, 2016
Korean Agency for Technology and Standards (KATS) has notified the World Trade Organization (WTO) of its draft changes on safety confirmation for children's products.
The changes include the following:
- Care articles for Children:
- Addition of physical requirements for children's bed guards to verify structural safety
- Physically low-risk products was deleted from the category of children's synthetic resins products
- Addition of safety requirements and labeling requirements for ride able electromotive toys
- Addition of safety requirements for harmful chemicals and corresponding change in testing methods
- Addition of microbiological safety toys
- School things:
- Clarification of types of musical instruments in school supplies
- Reflection of revisions to the toxic testing standard on drugs, etc. (Public Notice No. 2015-82)
Comments may be submitted until December 10, 2016.