TAIWAN - The Taiwan Bureau of Standards Metrology and Inspection (BSMI) announced the results of safety testing conducted on gun-shaped toys intended for children. Testing was conducted on 20 gun-shaped toys intended for children, and 16 products violated at least some of the following:
• National standard CNS 4797 "Toy Safety (General requirements)"
• Series of standard physical testing, including small objects, endangerment and harm from the tip edge,
• Phthalate plasticizer esters: DEP, DMP, DEHP, DBP, BBP, DINP, DIDP and DNOP and total mixture
• Heavy metals content (lead, cadmium, mercury, chromium, arsenic, selenium, antimony, barium)
• Residual formamide
• The Commodity Inspection Act standard inspection--"commodity inspection identified" and "Chinese Flag”