April 19, 2021
UL has successfully extended its authorization scope to facilitate the Saudi Quality Mark (SQM) service for gas appliances in North and South America.
UL can now support manufacturers of gas appliances in the Americas region that want to access the Saudi market with the following services:
- Product testing according to SASO standards and regulations.
- SASO Quality Mark facilitation service
- SASO Quality Mark Technical Review and Factory Audit
The SQM for gas appliances has been a mandatory requirement in the Saudi market since 2016, applicable to the following product categories:
- Household gas cooking appliances (cookers, ovens, hobs, grills, etc.)
- Professional and commercial cooking appliances and bakery equipment powered by gas
- Gas-fired domestic water heaters
- Gas-fired domestic room heaters
- Gas pressure regulators
- Gas leak alarm systems
- LPG cylinders
- Non-electric lighting products powered by gas
The SQM authorization involves evaluation of products’ compliance to the Saudi Technical Regulations, SASO Standards requirements, and initial and periodic audits of production facilities to evaluate a manufacturer’s production process and quality system. The validity of the authorization is three years.
Other UL services for Saudi market
- Gulf type examination (G-Mark) certificate
- SASO IECEE certificate
- SASO energy efficiency testing and labelling
- SASO Water Rationalization Certificate (WRC)
- SABER registration and certification