Korean Agency for Technology and Standards (KATS) has notified the World Trade Organization (WTO) of its draft changes on common safety standards of children's products.
The changes include the following:
- Addition of safety requirements of harmful chemicals (pH, formaldehyde, aryl amine) for textile products without separate standards
- Exclusion of testing for small parts of products used by children over 72 months
- Exclusion of testing edges and sharp points of products used by children over 96 months
- Addition of warning signs for experiment sets with magnets and electricity used by children over 96 months
- Addition of safety standards for accessible glasses used by children under 36 months
- Addition of safety standards for lithium secondary batteries included in children's products