February 23, 2018
Registration is open for the UL and Tooling U-SME joint professional Additive Manufacturing Certification Program at the 2018 AMUG Conference. The course, Fundamentals of Additive Manufacturing Certification, is a discussion-oriented and interactive session in which participants receive comprehensive introductory knowledge of the 3D printing industry. A certification exam is offered following the class.
The new course and program is based on UL’s multi-tiered Additive Manufacturing training program and Tooling U-SME’s Professional Certification. Responding to industry feedback, this program provides a single point for professional Additive Manufacturing certification that aligns the previously independent UL and Tooling U-SME programs.
- Course: Fundamentals of Additive Manufacturing Certification
- Date: Sunday, April 8
- Location: 2018 AMUG Conference / Union Station Hotel, St. Louis
- Instructor: Dr. Khalid Rafi, UL AM Lead Development Engineer
- Certification Exam: Three hour proctored, open book and open note exam consisting of 100 multiple choice questions; students must score ≥ 70% to pass
- Identify the various 3D printing / AM technologies & their benefits / limitations
- Define the basic 3D printing process
- Understand the hardware & software for 3D digital file management
- Identify common materials for each 3D printing / Additive Manufacturing technology
- Describe integration of Additive Manufacturing with secondary manufacturing processes (e.g. casting & molding)
- Identify basic safety & quality considerations specific to Additive Manufacturing
- 8:00am – 12:00pm Fundamentals of Additive Manufacturing Prep Course
- 12:00pm – 12:30pm Lunch (provided)
- 12:30pm – 3:30pm Fundamentals of Additive Manufacturing Certification Exam*
*Students may reschedule the seated exam portion hosted at AMUG and complete the exam at a later date. Contact [email protected] for more information.
This offering of the Fundamentals of Additive Manufacturing Certification Prep Course and Exam is available to attendees of AMUG only. The class is an add-on to the conference and requires an additional fee. Unable to attend AMUG? Fundamentals of Additive Manufacturing Certification will also be offered at RAPID + TCT, April 23-26 in Fort Worth, TX.