The European Union (EU) has announced its amendments of Annexes IV and V of the Regulation 850/2014 as stated in Commission Regulation (EU) No. 1342/2014 of 17 December 2014.
1. The amended Annex IV adds six substances to the table of persistent organic pollutants (POPs).
- Endosulfan [CAS# 115-29-7]
- α-Endosulfan [CAS# 959-98-8]
- β-Endosulfan [CAS# 33213-65-9]
- Hexachlorobutadiene [CAS# 87-68-3]
- Polychlorinated naphthalenes
- Alkanes C10-C13, chloro (short-chain chlorinated paraffins) (SCCPs) [CAS# 85535-84-8]
2. The amended Annex V incorporates these substances in Part 2 of the table.
The amendments shall apply beginning June 18, 2015.