Talk to UL Solutions experts on Healthy Buildings today
Have questions, need specifics? Let's get this conversation started.
UL Verified Healthy Building
More than ever, property professionals need to demonstrate a commitment to indoor environmental health to secure and retain high-value tenants. Real estate leaders are taking strides to improve indoor environments, facilitate occupant comfort, health and wellness, secure more advantageous rental premiums and reduce tenant turnover.
The UL Verified Healthy Building program offers the real estate industry an independent source of reassurance from a respected safety science leader. This program leverages 40 years of indoor environment inspections to develop a quantitative review process driven by:
- Building metrics discerned through performance testing
- Comprehensive on-site visual inspections
- Verification of the implementation of policies
The Verified Healthy Building program features three tiers that examine different factors against accepted science-centric standards.
Verified Healthy Building for Indoor Air
This program option evaluates indoor air quality (IAQ), as well as policies and plans for the continual advancement of IAQ. UL Solutions teams inspect HVAC systems to verify that preventative maintenance is performed while focusing on ventilation, filtration and hygiene to help ensure continuous, excellent IAQ.
Verified Healthy Building for Indoor Air and Water
This program evaluates buildings for IAQ and water quality. This includes a detailed assessment to limit the risk of waterborne pathogens and testing for contaminants as outlined by the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) drinking water standards to help ensure water is safe for consumption.
UL Solutions teams work with building stakeholders to develop a water management plan to aid in the control of Legionella and other bacteria in cooling towers and potable water systems.
Verified Healthy Building for Indoor Environment
Designed to create a holistic picture of a building’s indoor environment, this program evaluates IAQ and water quality as well as building cleanliness, lighting and acoustics. This option also helps ensure that policies and plans have been developed and enacted to support the continual advancement of overall indoor environmental quality (IEQ).
Add to your existing green building achievements
The Verified Healthy Building program works in tandem with the requirements of other green building programs to support a building’s overall sustainability, health and wellness while not adding to an already intense regulatory workload.
Here’s how our programs overlap with certain markers for other third-party programs:
- Building Research Establishment’s Environmental Assessment Method (BREEAM®) – The UL Verification Mark provides required data for BREEAM In-Use for air and water quality assessments.
- ENERGY STAR – Program completion provides data for indoor environmental quality assessments to support ENERGY STAR submittal.
- Fitwel® and Fitwel Viral Response Module – Meets compliance standards for both Fitwel and Fitwel Viral Response Module, indoor air quality testing and assessment requirements.
- GRESB – Counts towards the indicator for having an operational green building certification scheme. In the area of building certification, it covers policies on environmental and social issues.
- LEED – Includes data required for LEED operations and maintenance credits for v4.1 indoor air quality submittal.
- WELL – Involves data that can contribute to the WELL and WELL Health-Safety program, including ongoing air and water quality monitoring, mold and moisture management, continuous monitoring requirements for air and thermal comfort.
UL Solutions’ team of built environment experts looks forward to working with you to evaluate your building. Through our science-based methodology and independent process, UL verification is a clear sign for new and existing tenants that your company is committed to a positive and productive environment today — and into the future.