Comprehensive testing for eMRTD
Interoperability of electronically-enabled Machine Readable Travel Documents (eMRTDs) and Inspection Systems remains critical for successful implementation. Failing eMRTD form a threat to security and may damage civilian trust and the credibility of both Issuing and Inspection Authorities. Moreover, replacement of documents or upgrading of inspection systems carries serious financial and operational consequences. High quality eMRTDs, as well as issuing and inspection systems, help reduce the risk of errors, and a reliable test tool can assist in achieving the required level of quality.
The UL eMRTD Test Tool is a state-of-the-art tool for testing the conformity of ePassports, eID cards, Biometric Residence Permits and other eMRTD to ICAO, SAC and EU EAC standards. We can perform chip application protocol tests (functional security and command tests) and chip application data tests (personalization validation) in several stages of eMRTD development and issuing projects.
Our tool can be used during:
- Chip application development
- Chip personalization development
- Chip application and personalization development (pre-certification)
- Issuing systems setup (system integration)
- Personalization operations (quality assurance)
UL eMRTD Test Tool allows you to:
- Conduct security testing for ePassports, eID cards and Biometric Residence Permits
- Explore and interpret the content of an ePassport image
- Validate the compliance of an ePassport to essential specifications
- Facilitate efficient deployment and quality assurance of eMRTDs