A clear and standardized approach
All organizations involved in acquiring payment transactions need to comply with payment brand requirements. You want to be sure that your systems and terminals perform transactions as defined in the latest protocol and brand requirements.
- Comply with payment brand requirements
- Full certification process guidance
- Remote or on-site
UL will guide the full certification process and will align with the schemes on your behalf. UL works closely with you on planning, aligning test slots and availability of test systems. In case of MasterCard certification and Discover certification, UL's accredited laboratories provide you the certification letter on behalf of the schemes.
Our clear and standardized approach results in an efficient process to pass certification for:
- MasterCard, Visa, American Express, JCB, UnionPay and Discover
- C-TAP protocol (the Netherlands)
- IFSF protocol (Petrol)
- Interac (Canada)
- Malaysian Electronic Payment System (MEPS) using Gemalto Pure
- NEXO protocols (formerly EPAS and Oscar)
- First Data protocol (US)
- Other ISO 8583 or ISO20022 based protocols
You can ship your payment terminal to one of UL’s certified test laboratories in your region. In our test laboratories we set up a secure connection to the required host environment and work closely together with you. Alternately, UL can join your team on-site and cooperate closely with your team.
Schemes we test for