Card Brand Certifications Masterclass.pdf
Card Brand Certifications Masterclass
Payment terminals must obtain several certifications to be able to accept payments from the various global payment card brands, such as Mastercard, Visa, Diners Club International, Discover, American Express, Union Pay International and JCB. The UL Card Brand Certifications Masterclass is a one-day course that will bring you true understanding of the process of deploying a fully compliant and interoperable payment terminal device. You will also receive training on the usage of UL’s Brand Test Tool or UL’s Visa PayWave Test Tool (VpTT).
The course begins by reviewing the basics of payment infrastructure and terminal architecture. Next, the different certifications a payment terminal needs before it can be deployed will be discussed. Then, we will have a detailed discussion of the EMVCo Level 3 card brands. Practicalities accumulated over the years by UL’s Brand Verification team will be shared and we will explain how to set up projects and run tests like an expert using UL’s Brand Test Tool or UL’s Visa PayWave Test Tool (VpTT).
Anyone involved in the development, testing and deployment of payment terminal systems can benefit from this course.
- Required certifications of a payment terminal
- Terminal certification roles and process
- How and when to use UL Brand Test Tool
- Flow of payment card brand certification
- Tips for EMVCo Level 3 card brand certifications
- LIVE practice on UL Brand Test Tool
What you will learn
- Gain an in-depth overview of the required certifications of a payment terminal
- Obtain knowledge on the roles in and the process of a payment terminal deployment certification
- Learn how and when UL’s Brand Test Tool can assist a tester
- Learn how to use UL’s Brand Test Tool proficiently
- Understand the flow of a payment terminal card brand certification
- Use our practical tips to be able to run card brand certifications with UL’s Brand Test Tool autonomously
- Review of payment infrastructure and terminal architecture
- Required payment terminal certifications
- Detailed discussion of EMVCo Level 3 card brands
- UL Brand Verification team best practices
- Training in UL’s Brand Test Tool or UL’s Visa PayWave Test Tool (VpTT)
Who should attend?
- Test managers
- Project managers
- Test analysts
- Developers from payment terminal vendors, payment processors and acquirers
- No special skills are required to attend this class, but knowledge of the EMVCo standards and the payment industry landscape are beneficial