In this UL webinar, we will introduce the newly published UL 8800 safety standard for lighting equipment designed for use in a horticultural environment.
The presentation will include:
- An overview of the structure, and organization of the standard
- A discussion about the types of horticultural lighting equipment covered by the standard
- The differences between UL 8800 – Horticultural Lighting Equipment and UL 1598 – Luminaires
- Information about horticultural systems and the related safety requirements
- A summary of the potential advantages of UL 8800 horticultural lighting certification
Ed Joseph, Principal Engineer, Lighting, UL