If you regularly source medium voltage cable, you can request that your manufacturers and suppliers undergo an official UL supplier audit as part of your purchase specifications. The audit is conducted to help ensure the factory that supplies cable to end users meets our rigorous safety and quality standards. While on-site, we’ll assess your manufacturer’s capabilities, capacity, credentials, facilities, production line management and workforce to help ensure and support the integrity of their supply chain. You can also request that your suppliers present a Certificate of Inspection once they have completed and passed our audit.
Through this program, you can gain a more comprehensive understanding of your suppliers’ reliability. Our expert auditors will look at your suppliers’ supply chain and will only issue a certificate once we are certain that the factory meets our Standards. Once issued, you’ll have the confidence to know that the medium voltage cable you are purchasing has been thoroughly vetted for safety and quality.
- Our system helps ensure compliance, reduce liability, and minimize risk across your entire supply chain.
- Our Follow-up Services (FUS) program helps you gain a competitive edge based on quality, reputation and service, making it more difficult for manufacturers that produce counterfeit or inferior products to survive.
- Our long-standing history in certification and standards development makes us a trusted thought leader in the compliance arena. Stakeholders rely on UL for research, knowledge and technical solutions to address safety issues and advise on new technologies.
- Comprehensive factory and market surveillance programs help to ensure a more compliant supply chain, fair competition in the marketplace, and reduce the risk and costs associated with unsafe products while helping to protect brand reputation and the integrity of the UL Mark.
- Our anti-counterfeiting program leverages law enforcement expertise with a fully dedicated Global Security and Brand Protection team who work with authorities and global customs agencies combatting counterfeiting.
- The use of the holographic label system sets UL apart by establishing a unique identifier for customs, regulators, buyers, retailers and consumers.
- Some product categories have the option for an additional on-demand promotional opportunity to include a direct link to your company website, product page, brochure, data sheet or flyer through UL iQTM databases.
- We offer global testing and certification solutions for acceptance in North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Asia. We are ranked second in terms of the number of CB certificates issued worldwide.1
- We continue to extend our capabilities and services to meet our customers’ increasing needs. Our goal is to help you rapidly develop and launch safer, superior products and meet the shifting requirements of a changing world.
Based on statistics released from 2011 to 2017 by IEC System of Conformity Assessment for Electrotechnical Equipment and Components (IECEE).