We work with product manufacturers to test and certify power cable products for utility, electric power cables (EPC), renewable energy and construction use. We provide safety certification and performance Verification services, including UL 1072, IEC, AEIC, and ICEA for power cables, to product manufacturers. Additionally, we provide International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) type testing and qualification testing services to manufacturers requiring a type examination certificate for the markets in which these certificates are required.
Whether it’s sourcing conformant products, assessing conformance directly, or providing staff training/knowledge solutions, our global footprint enables us to serve utilities throughout the world. Our worldwide marketplace expertise enables us to help utilities source conformant products and systems from around the world that meet the unique specifications of the utility for performance and product compliance over a broad range of standards.
- The UL compliance system helps ensure compliance and reduce liability and risk across the entire supply chain.
- Our Follow-up Services (FUS) program helps manufacturers gain a competitive edge based on quality, reputation and service, making it more difficult for manufacturers that produce counterfeit or inferior products to survive.
- Our long-standing history in certification and standards development makes us a trusted thought leader in the compliance arena. Stakeholders rely on us for research, knowledge and technical solutions to address safety issues and advise on new technologies.
- Comprehensive factory and market surveillance programs help to ensure a more compliant supply chain, fair competition in the marketplace, and reduce the risk and costs associated with unsafe products while helping to protect brand reputation and the integrity of the UL Mark.
- Our anti-counterfeiting program leverages law enforcement expertise with a fully dedicated Global Security and Brand Protection team who work with authorities and global customs agencies combatting counterfeiting.
- The use of the holographic label system sets us apart by establishing a unique identifier for customs, regulators, buyers, retailers and consumers.
- Some product categories have the option for an additional on-demand promotional opportunity to include a direct link to your company website, product page, brochure, data sheet or flyer through UL iQTM databases.
- We offer global testing and certification solutions for acceptance in North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Asia. UL ranked second in terms of the number of CB certificates issued worldwide.
- We continue to extend our capabilities and services to meet our customers’ increasing needs. Our goal is to help our customers rapidly develop and launch safer, superior products and meet the shifting requirements of a changing world.