For decades, UL has applied its technical safety expertise and objective certification process to energy generation and distribution systems. As this sector has evolved to include renewable energy technologies like solar and wind energy systems, UL has evolved to address the potential safety risks that are introduced by these innovations. UL’s safety certifications have enabled rooftop solar installations to be more readily accepted in the marketplace, and our wind energy safety and performance is supporting the proliferation of both onshore and offshore wind farms across Europe, Asia and the United States.
Whether you are interested in the predictability of wind turbine output, or new fire safety considerations for rooftop PV panels, UL can speak to these growing renewable energy technologies.
- Installing PV panels safely, and why it’s important
- Why PV safety certification is important to VCs (venture capital firms)
- UL’s major study of PV panels and the risks to firefighters
- UL’s work with the American Wind Energy Association to develop U.S. wind turbine standards
- The role of performance testing in establishing the economics of large wind farms