The U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) estimated that U.S. crude oil production averaged 12.1 million barrels per day (B/D) in March, up 0.3 million B/D from the February average. The EIA forecasts that U.S. crude oil production will average 12.4 million B/D in 2019 and 13.1 million B/D in 2020, with most of the growth coming from the Permian Basin region of Texas and New Mexico.
In an effort to locally support this growth, UL is opening a facility in Houston in July 2019.
“UL has been serving the hazardous locations industry for over 104 years. Our new UL Houston customer service center and lab demonstrates our further dedication to collaborate locally with customers”, stated Milan Dotlich, UL’s vice president of Energy and Power Technologies for Europe and Americas.
This will serve the upstream, midstream and downstream markets as well as stakeholders across the supply chain including OEMs, system integrators and owner-operators by providing:
- Advisory Services
- Testing, inspection and certification (TIC), advocacy and nonconformance support: Supporting clients with issues from ideation through to certification and installation
- Development cycle: Participating earlier in the product development cycle to prevent nonconformance
- Technical file construction/documentation support: Coaching clients through the extensive requirements from statutory, voluntary and customer specifications
- Risk assessment facilitation: Providing industry expertise relative to risk assessments
- Certification and Testing Services
- Global Market Access (GMA)
- ATEX, IECEx, Hazardous Locations
- Ordinary Locations
- Functional Safety
- Skid and Field Evaluations
- Support the safe deployment of oil and gas assets and systems in the Gulf of Mexico as well as other regions
- Support the safe deployment of new and evolving technologies such as: drones, robots, additive manufacturing (3D printing) and digitalization
- Training and seminar services
Our Houston facility will be located at: 4702 N. Sam Houston Parkway, Suite 100, Houston, TX 77086. Contact UL today about local Houston services.