UL’s Qualified Spray Applied Fire Resistive Material (SFRM) Contractor Program Marking means that contractor organizations authorized to use the Marking comply with the SFRM contractor program requirements of UL. To be eligible to use the UL Qualified SFRM contractor program Marking, a contractor firm must appear in UL’s online directory of qualified contractor firms.
- UL Qualified Spray Applied Fire Resistive Material (SFRM) Contractor firms may use the words “UL Qualified SFRM Contractor” and the approved UL Qualified SFRM Contractor Program Marking in their advertising and promotional material per the limitations specified here. The UL Qualified SFRM Contractor Program Marking may be used on a Qualified SFRM Contractor firm’s promotional material only in connection with the services described in the program requirements. For purposes of the UL Qualified SFRM Contractor Program, promotional material includes stationery, business cards, web sites, company brochures and advertising. In a context where the scope of coverage is open to interpretation, the Qualified Contractor organization shall identify the services to which the UL Qualified SFRM Contractor Program applies when using the UL Qualified SFRM Contractor Program Marking.
- When using the UL Qualified SFRM Contractor Program Marking on promotional material:
- The marking must be used in its entirety.
- The marking is available for download from UL’s Web site and should not be reproduced.
- The marking and any words used to describe a Qualified Contractor’s participation in the UL Qualified SFRM Contractor Program must be large enough to be clearly recognized and read by customers.
- The marking should never appear more prominently in any promotional material than the name of the contractor organization.
- The marking may be used in black on a light background or white on a dark background. In color, the UL in a circle appears in PMS 485 red; all other elements of the mark are 100 percent black.
- The wording and placement of UL references and the marking must not imply that the program is applicable to a contractor when the contractor installs non-UL SFRMs. UL SFRMs are published in the UL Fire Resistance Directory or intended for specific locations as authorized by UL’s Conformity Assessment staff.
- The marking shall not be:
- Used directly on or closely associated with products, product packaging or services in any way that may imply that the products or services themselves are Listed, Recognized, Classified or in any way certified by UL.
- Applied to a job-site or SFRM installation or imply that the UL Qualified SFRM Contractor Program or the marking are associated with certification of installations.
- Applied to laboratory test, calibration or inspection reports.
- If a qualified contractor is no longer eligible to use the marking for any reason, all material that refers to this marking should be immediately removed from distribution, all references on web sites removed, and further use of the marking discontinued.
- UL is the owner of the marking, which incorporates the name, abbreviation or symbol of UL and which shall, under the conditions of this document, only be used by a Qualified Contractor to indicate acceptance of the program requirements.
- In the opinion of UL the promotional or advertising material shall not be in conflict with the findings of UL and the reference to UL shall in no way create a misleading impression as to the nature of UL’s findings and acceptance of a Qualified Contractor organization. Except for the references shown below and the marking that is prescribed for use in these program requirements, no other UL designation may be used in the advertising and promotional material.
- The marking shall be used in the manner authorized by UL and subject to the control of UL. UL’s representative shall have the right, on demand, to acquire possession of the marking and any or all advertising and promotional material, or other means of displaying the marking when in the judgment of UL’s representative such action is warranted.
References to the UL GS Mark
|Sample correct references
|“UL Qualified SFRM Contractor”
||“UL Approved SFRM Contractor”
“UL Certified SFRM Contractor”
|“Our organization has been evaluated by UL and found to comply with UL’s Qualified SFRM Contractor program requirements.”
||“UL Listed SFRM Contractor”
“UL Classified SFRM Contractor”
Enhanced UL Certification Marks
The enhanced UL Certification Mark now bundles multiple Certifications into a single Mark; utilizes a unique identifier for easier access to information at www.ul.com/database; communicates geographic scope of certification through country codes; and describes the attributes that UL has Certified about a product.