Air conditioning advisory, benchmarking and certification services simplified
Air conditioning brands are riding a wave of change as companies rush to react to the megatrends of environmental consciousness and smart home connectivity. To offer new cooling equipment features that meet customer expectations and comply with global regulations could be your brand’s biggest challenge.
In times of change, partnering with UL Solutions, the global safety science leader for advisory, benchmarking and certification services can help build customer confidence and trust in your products. Our expert engineers can help you test and certify new product features to maximize your brand portfolio for today’s market and position your cooling solutions for the future. From the simplest to the most complex, we can help you meet your certification, testing, sustainability and market positioning challenges.
Here's how we help you:
- Instill customer confidence in your brand with the UL Mark, as well as other globally recognized marks.
- Help your customers identify high-quality products with the UL Mark, an important differentiator in a crowded market.
- Know that when you partner with UL Solutions, you are working with experts experienced in low global warming potential (low-GWP) refrigerants.
- Rely on our accessible subject matter experts to explain the latest in regulatory and safety compliance, throughout the certification process.
- Involve UL Solutions experts early in the product development process to assess your design or prototype against applicable construction requirements to get ahead of potential problems and avoid late-stage issues that can result in the redesign, recalls and returns that affect profitability.
- Go beyond safety certification and add UL Solutions’ expert assistance with performance claims, field evaluation services and our limited production service program.
UL Solutions air conditioning testing and certification solutions
Our expert engineers prioritize safety and value throughout our service portfolio. You can select services individually or bundle them to realize potential cost and time savings. UL Solutions’ suite of services includes:
- Standards training and advisory services
- Safety certification and testing
- Competitive product benchmarking
- IoT connectivity
- Demand response
- Electromagnetic compatibility
- Smart home and building automation
- Performance evaluations for markets in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific, including:
- U.S. EPA Energy Star
- U.S. Department of Energy (DOE)
- Air-Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration Institute (AHRI)
- Energy Guide Label
- China Energy Label
- Green Mark
- Singapore Green Label
- ErP Directive
- Biological evaluation and sterilization
- Marketing Claim Verification
- Product reliability and brand protection
Your brand benefits by working with UL Solutions
UL Solutions is committed to serving all cooling categories and constantly adapts to deliver solutions for innovative technologies, like low-GWP refrigerants, dynamic-load testing, UV and ionizing germicidal products, smart home ecosystems and building automation ecosystems.
Whether you’re looking for certification to a common standard like UL or IEC 60335-2-40 Standard for Household And Similar Electrical Appliances - Safety: Particular Requirements for Electrical Heat Pumps, Air-Conditioners and Dehumidifiers, or searching for custom solutions, we offer you streamlined access to the global market.
As a member of the IECEE’s (IEC System for Conformity Testing and Certification of Electrotechnical Equipment and Components) CB Scheme, we can eliminate the need for redundant testing because product certifications issued by one CB scheme member are honored by all other members.
Why UL Solutions for low-GWP component certification?
As thought leaders in the cooling and low-GWP refrigerant space, UL Solutions’ technical experts can help you navigate the complex global regulatory landscape and avoid costly design errors by engaging early in your product development, through installation. For added flexibility to meet your needs in this evolving space, our services are designed to be modular, allowing you to benefit from UL Solutions’ expertise when and where you need it most.
UL 484 - Standard for Room Air Conditioners
UL 1995 - Standard for Heating and Cooling Equipment
UL / IEC / CSA 60335-2-40 - Standard for Household and Simliar Electrical Appliances - Safety - Part 2-40: Particular Requirements for Electrical Heat Pumps, Air-Conditioners and Dehumidifiers
ISO 5149-1, -2, -3 -4 - Refrigerating systems and heat pumps
ISO/TC86 - Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
EN 378-1, -2, -3, -4 - Refrigeration standard
ASHRAE 15 - Safety Standard for Refrigeration Systems and Designation and Safety Classification of Refrigerants
AHRI 210/240 - Performance Rating of Unitary Air-conditioning & Air-source Heat Pump Equipment
AHRI 310/380 - Packaged Terminal Air-conditioners and Heat Pumps
AHRI 340/360 - Performance Rating of Commercial and Industrial Unitary Air-conditioning and Heat Pump Equipment
SASO 2874 - Large capacity air conditioners - performance requirement and methods of testing
More, UL Standards, https://ulstandards.ul.com/