This highly interactive one-day workshop will provide you with the latest information on UL’s two main label programs: Marking & Labeling Systems and Authorized Label Supplier. The purpose of this workshop is to familiarize yourself with UL969 and CSA C22.2 No 0.15 standard exposures, tests and requirements, understand certification of labels and how to identify and select compliant Marking & Labeling Systems. You will also have an understanding and know how to use UL’s Authorized Label Supplier program for use with UL Certified products. A series of lectures and classroom exercises have been designed to enhance your skills in selecting and designing UL Mark artwork for labels for specific product applications. The knowledge you gain from this workshop will help you make better, more informed decisions regarding the selection of labels while helping you move from design to production as quickly as possible.
It will be beneficial for you to bring laptop computer to the workshop in order to participate in class activity on searching UL database.
Each participant will receive a participant workbook and a copy of the UL 969 Standard ($502.00 USD value).
After completion of the workshop, a one-time 50% discount can be applied to your next Marking & Labeling Systems or ALSP order, up to the price of the workshop cost. Order must be booked within 6 months of workshop completion. Discount is limited to one paid workshop per company.
Upon completion of this seminar, learners should be able to:
- Describe the Certification program for labels
- Identify and select compliant Marking & Labeling Systems for your application
- Determine applicable UL requirements to select appropriate labels and process steps
- Identify the label exposures, tests and compliance criteria (UL 969 and CSA C22.2 No 0.15)
- Differentiate between UL, cUL and IEC Certifications with regard to labels
- Understand the Product Submittal Process for labels
- Recognize the Benefits of UL Recognitions for Label
- Use UL’s Authorized Label Supplier program for use with UL Certified products.
- Identify authorized label suppliers
- Understand how to obtain authorization to Print the UL Mark
- Identify the Manufacturer’s responsibilities in After Product Certification
- Product safety engineers
- Compliance engineers
- Product designers
- Technical marketing professionals
- Sales staff