NEW - 21-22 October 2014
UL Seminar - Designing for Compliance to IEC 62368-1 2nd Edition: Transition from IEC 60950 & IEC 60065
Safety standards for high-tech products over the next five years will be shifting from prescriptive rules to a new hazard-based concept that emphasizes safety design in the early product development phase. This interactive course helps current ITE and Audio Video manufacturers gain the expertise they need design to the new requirements listed in the international IEC 62368-1 standard and corresponding standard for North America, UL/CSA 62368-1.
The course is comprised of two separate training modules: an eLearning component and the instructor-led session. The eLearning component covers the basics of the standard and is completed in advance, enabling participants to maximize their in-class time with our UL expert. The instructor-led session digs deeper into the detailed technical content and features progressive knowledge checks and engaging interactions to help learners reinforce and apply the new concepts.
A final assessment is provided that requires participants to complete a detailed case scenario on their own and then review their solutions in class.
A copy the IEC 62368 Standard is optionally included with participant workshop materials (Special offer (CD format): 260 EUR).
- Exlain the purpose of the standard and how it is used
- Explain the Objective of Clause 0 – Introduction to Principles of Safety and provide an overview
- Describe the highlights of Clause 4 – General Requirements
- Explain how to classify the various types of energy sources addressed by the standard, prescribe safeguards against those energy sources and verify construction is in compliance with the applicable requirements
- Identify the tests and testing guidelines defined in the standard necessary to verify safeguard design is adequate
- Explain the importance of Markings and Instructions and why they are relevant to the safety of the equipment
- Describe the certification process
- Event Location: UL Frankfurt office: Zeppelinheim / Neu-Isenburg , Germany , 13 km to Frankfurt/Main und 9 km to Frankfurt Airport
- Date: 21-22 October 2014
- Duration: 16 hours (including lunch and breaks)
- Cost: 840 EUR
Click here to register - Very limited seats available